This is how my updated signature in Gmail looks like. I have just inserted the Feedburner Headline Animator to my signature. Gmail does not allow HTML in it’s signature but if you are using Firefox this can be done easily. A quick run down on how this can be done:
- Install Greasemonkey, a Firefox plug-in.
- Install this script – Gmail Signature Float.
- Re-load your Gmail window. In Settings>Signature you will see an option “Allow HTML in signature”. Check-box the feature to switch it on.
- Now you should be able to paste HTML code into the signature box.
- Compose a test message to check if it’s working fine.
However, please note – this feature will work only on the PC where you have installed Greasemonkey and the said script. So if you are going to access your Gmail from any other machine you will see the HTML code bare naked in your compose window. Which means you will have to then manually delete it from there.
4 thoughts on “Turbo-charge your Gmail signature”
Huge help! Thanks for the post.
Thanks a lot! This was exactly what I was looking for.
just what i needed..
might wanna check also..
There’s a new Firefox add-on that will handle multiple HTML Gmail signatures:
Comments are closed.