It’s too late to write a review on Blackberry Curve 8520. So, this post intends to share my experience of using the Blackberry for a couple of weeks during my stay in Kenya.
I’ve been a satisfied user of Nokia phones for more than 6-7 years now. I also used the iMate Jam for about 3 years before I made the switch back to Nokia E75. But with the popularity of all those applications on iPhone, Blackberry and Android phones I thought I was really missing something. Finally the pressure came on to pick the Blackberry when I moved to Kenya for a work assignment. The Blackberry Messenger was the cheapest way to be in touch with family & friends back home.
So what’s good with the Blackberry
- I like the always on, unlimited internet access. News, twitter and email get done a lot more.
- Although the constant email alerts are a pain, I think it helps you sort out a lot of mail while on the move saving some time when you get back to the desk.
- The Microsoft Exchange sync keeps my work mail and calendar up to date on the laptop and phone.
- The BBM – one hell of a super thing to be in touch with friends and family.
And what’s disappointing
- The camera is poor. For that price Nokia gives a lot better image resolution.
- I miss the FM player.
- Battery life is not impressive. But then I can’t blame it much thanks to all the apps and heavy usage one actually ends up doing.