My wife says when I enter a book-store I smile like a kid allowed to go shopping in a candy store. I often have to be reminded that there are yet some books which remain unread. There is a constant battle as to what to read – the things I like to or the things I have to. As much as I love reading I feel I am slow and sometimes take much longer than needed to finish off books. Also I am a spoilt reader, so at any given time I am reading a minimum of two and at times even four. A habit which I am going to get rid off soon.
I thought it would be a good idea to share some of my reading habits.
For news and current affairs my source is yet the morning newspaper.
- Times of India is my preferred read, but I also like to flip through the Hindustan Times.
- On Saturdays I enjoy the mint’s Lounge edition.
To keep up with the ad world happenings
My magazine rack includes …
- Better Photography
- I used to read Outlook [Probably my only read for political stories] but guess I am going to switch to OPEN magazine very soon.
- Sometimes I browse through Reader’s Digest.
- And if I am lucky I read borrowed copies of The Economist.
As you would see I am yet a heavy print reader. But there are a few blogs which keep me addicted.
- Thomas Hawk Digital Connection [Photography Enthusiast with a great flickr photostream]
- Dave Trott’s Blog [Creative thinking and critique from Dave Trott]
- Seth Godin
- Chris Brogan [Chris keeps me inspired to keep blogging more & better]
Currently on my book-shelf
- Linchpin – Seth Godin
- The Little Big Things – Tom Peters
- Richard Branson – Business Stripped Bare
- Kitchen Confidential – Anthony Bourdain
Next on my shopping list is the Kindle.